Thursday, December 28, 2006

Some sewing, knitting and cooking

SECRET SANTA SWAP AT CRAFTY
MAMAS!

This is the adorable quilted purse I received from the lovely Justinamaria. She is so incredibly talented. Thankyou!! Check out her Blog and Etsy Shop.



Justinamaria's quilted purse










UNCERTAIN GIFTS
I made two Japanese style handbags for two little friends for Christmas, I also made them matching headbands. I was a trifle nervous of whether or not they would like them...but yesterday I spotted them out shopping sporting their new bags! Whew! They obviously did like them! It can be hard to judge how people will receive homemade gifts, sometimes. Most people adore them ( like me!) but some are still in the "store bought is better"school of thought. We need to convert them quick smart!!

Here's my bags and headbands. The headband pattern is from Heather Bailey's Blog. I will try to remember to post a link.












Cotton Time Bunny

I made this Japanese Bunny from Cotton Time 09. It looked very easy in the mag ~although I have no knowledge of Japanese~but I had trouble putting the head on! I did get it done, in a rough house manner,and whipped up a few changes of clothes and even crocheted a shopping basket for him! DD loves the bunny! As I was making the little clothes, I remembered the way Ottobre give their sewing instructions, kind of industrial, and followed suite. Made heming little pants and tops much easier!












GINGERBREAD HOUSE
And here's our family gingerbread house...with a gingerbread man to represent each of us. The kids loved doing this. Whilst I doubt we will not win any architectual awards for it, it was a much loved part of our Christmas this year.












A BIG GIRL KNITTING

And my knitting has been slowly chugging along. I think I prefer to knit little things ~much quicker! This is my new project~Cherry Bomb from Big Girls Knits. It's in a cotton/lycra mix yarn from the Bendigo Wool Mill. The colour is ocean. This book is so lovely, I hope to knit a lot from it. In time.












3 comments:

Kris said...

I love the bags with matching headbands! You make such beautiful things!

Crafty Mama said...

Thankyou Kris!!! :)

Marie said...

I know exactly what you mean with the homemade gift thing - just gone through it. I really hope they liked them.

About Me

Crafty Mamas SHOP blog. Aussie agent for Farbenmix, Studio Tantrum, Stenzo fabric, Ottobre design. Stocking Hilco fabric, Mamu design and other cool stuff!