Sunday, August 15, 2010

WINTER WEEKEND FUN

The girls have been asking and asking to go fishing..who fishes in Winter? You'd have to be mad! Eventually, we gave in....on a cold and blowy and somewhat drizzly afternoon...we ventured out to one of the many lake areas around us.


With fishing rods in hand, they settled in to wait.
And wait...



And more waiting.... after a  while, Lil decided the net was more interesting....


..so she waited, net ready..for when B landed "the big one" .

Score; fish 3 us NIL.

So we gave up and came home...and made...GRANOLA with cranberries, yum.
This recipe is from one of my fave books, Simply in Season.


And Pizza sauce.... for the freezer. Another from Simply in Season, adapted a smidge to suit what I had on hand. It smells divine!




One of my favourite bloggers is Gina from Home Joys. Gina always inspires me to slow up a little bit, and take some time to enjoy doing the things I really used to love doing before life got too mad! Check out her blog....it's a beaut!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend....

Lisa :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice findin my way back to your pond :) We're also fishing on this side of the globe.

About Me

Crafty Mamas SHOP blog. Aussie agent for Farbenmix, Studio Tantrum, Stenzo fabric, Ottobre design. Stocking Hilco fabric, Mamu design and other cool stuff!