Thursday, November 11, 2010

Some Spring Sewing Projects for Mama!

Even though I have cupboards ( and a shop!) full of sewing patterns..I am always on the look out for quick and easy tutes. There is just something about sewing with no pattern that appeals to me. On my list to try this week...

Empire waist top tutorial.... from Altered Cloth



And simple shirred tops from Altered Cloth. 
This can easily have straps attached too, if you are worried about the kids exposing you ( ask me ...I know all about that!). Simply make up two straps, try the top on with a bra on, and then position the straps where you bra straps go. Easy.Then sew on.



Great tops for jersey knits like Stella and the very funky new Michael Miller knits in store. 

Something else that caught my eye this week, t shirts with sweet little tulle flowers. I saw one in a shop window in lime..just stunning.I found this tute to make my own!


 And I've seen a few versions of the good old legging in the stores...all dressed up with ruched sides, buttons, leather thonging, lots of cool stuff. Again, use a cotton/elastomeric knit on these like STELLA or our Euro knits.


Here's a nice tute on making your own from MADE


Happy Sewing Adventures!

Lisa :)

No comments:

About Me

Crafty Mamas SHOP blog. Aussie agent for Farbenmix, Studio Tantrum, Stenzo fabric, Ottobre design. Stocking Hilco fabric, Mamu design and other cool stuff!