Sunday, January 01, 2012

Stash busting Circle Skirts.

We love circle skirts! Quick and easy, and a great way to slim down the stash a little!
There are many good tutes out there on how to draft up your very own circle skirt pattern, so I won't redo for you.

From MADE

I use STELLA knit  for the waistband, (from Crafty Mamas , thus eliminating the need for elastic.
These fabrics are all from my Stash!




As you can tell, lots of sewing going on here, to the chorus of " ..we have no Summer clothes.."

But slowly, I am winning the war. Two girls will be clothed, and then I can start on stuff for me!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So quick and easy, but o so lovely.

It will be a project for me too. Let's see when I have the time for it. ;-)

Jessica

H said...

I'm loving the spots and the roses especially! I'm working on tops today. A couple of mine are rather short on cool Summer tees.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I love circle skirts and use the pattern from MADE. Thanks for the tip on using knit fabric instead of elastic for the waistband. That means I can use more than black or white for the waistband.

About Me

Crafty Mamas SHOP blog. Aussie agent for Farbenmix, Studio Tantrum, Stenzo fabric, Ottobre design. Stocking Hilco fabric, Mamu design and other cool stuff!